Our tagline at Mark Allen's is Serious Food and Serious Fun but there is one more serious to add into the mix. Serious Safety. We are taking every precaution that we can, and then some.
Your safety, and our own safety matters, and we will do whatever we can to minimize your concerns and maximize the good times. All kidding aside, this is what we are currently doing:
- Socially distanced tables
- Masked employees
- Reconfigure workspaces for social distancing
- Adequate supply of soap sanitizer for employees and customers
- Hand sanitizer at entrance
- Daily symptom screening for staff
- Sanitizing common areas
- Sanitized silverware and bagged for each customer
- Single use menus
- Bathroom is sanitized frequently during open hours
- Frequently cleaning on high touch surfaces (doors, handles, railings, etc.)
- Limited occupancy of indoor dining or patio when allowed to open
- Reduced Hours
- Curbside Pick up
- Reduced vendor contact
- Procedure in place to check customers well-being before entering
- Reducing number of employee/customer contacts
- Removal of interactive art
We thought it would be a good idea for everybody to wear a mask. Well that, and it's the law. As always, we are strictly enforcing the governors mandate that masks be worn inside our building any time you are not seated. We want everyone to make it through this ok, which includes our customers, our staff, our families and ourselves.
- Wear a mask inside the establishment everywhere except your table
- Wear a mask while server is at the table
- To use hand sanitizer upon entry and as often as possible
- Please be patient with us. We are doing the best we can with reduced staff and quadruple the cleaning responsibilities.
- Please be kind to everybody in the restaurant. Let’s just be nice to each other and have a margarita.
- If you are sick, stay home.
We have found our guests are happy to do their part to keep everybody as safe as possible. They have been kind and generous to our wait staff who are working hard to make sure everyone is protected.
If you don't have a mask, phone ahead and we will have one for you. Please note, at this time you will not be allowed to eat inside without one. Why? Because we love you and all of our customers.
Yes we strictly following state guidelines and do every possible thing we can to make it safe for you and for us too. Our staff wears masks from the beginning of the shift until they leave the building at the end of the night. We do temp checks at the beginning of each shift and ask about possible contact with Covid19. We do not allow anyone who has been in contact with someone who has symptoms or has tested positive, work for us until they have tested negative.
We will serve out all buffets so that no guests repeatedly touch the serving utensils, and we require all guests coming to the buffet to be masked.
Things are changing on a regular basis. We will do our best to let you know through our email newsletter and our Facebook posts when there are changes.
Currently we are only doing curbside pick up until further notice.
For up to the minute changes please visit the Illinois Restaurant Association website here.